Restaurant News: Chipotle in FTL, Bru's Room in RPB
• The, uh. . . economically challenged Bal Harbour Square in Fort Lauderdale will be getting a pair of "fast casual" eateries as part of its $8 to $10 million makeover. Come next March, Chipotle Mexican Grill and Pei Wei Asian Diner should make their debut in a new space built on the site of the demolished Lone Star restaurant, which you might say got sucked into a black hole.
• Can't get enough wings, beer and TVs turned to steroid-addled mesomorphs beating the crap out of each other for your vicarious sporting pleasure? Then you'll be happy to know that an eighth Bru's Room Sports Grill (1111 Southern Blvd., 561-790-2771) has opened in Royal Palm Beach. There's pizza, ribs and DIY burgers too, just in case the stunted limbs of flightless fowl don't score with you.
• We could all use a vacation right about now, and most of us aren't going to get one. But Trevini Ristorante (150 Worth Ave., Palm Beach, 561-833-3883) has taken some time off for co-owner Gianni Minervini to jet back to his native Bari, Italy. The restaurant, said to be a favorite of El Rushbo, will reopen Sept. 24, with a revamped menu emphasizing seafood to be rolled out a month or so later.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito