Restaurant News: Chipotle in FTL, Bru's Room in RPB
• The, uh. . . economically challenged Bal Harbour Square in Fort Lauderdale will be getting a pair of "fast casual" eateries as part of its $8 to $10 million makeover. Come next March, Chipotle Mexican Grill and Pei Wei Asian Diner should make their debut in a new space built on the site of the demolished Lone Star restaurant, which you might say got sucked into a black hole.
• Can't get enough wings, beer and TVs turned to steroid-addled mesomorphs beating the crap out of each other for your vicarious sporting pleasure? Then you'll be happy to know that an eighth Bru's Room Sports Grill (1111 Southern Blvd., 561-790-2771) has opened in Royal Palm Beach. There's pizza, ribs and DIY burgers too, just in case the stunted limbs of flightless fowl don't score with you.
• We could all use a vacation right about now, and most of us aren't going to get one. But Trevini Ristorante (150 Worth Ave., Palm Beach, 561-833-3883) has taken some time off for co-owner Gianni Minervini to jet back to his native Bari, Italy. The restaurant, said to be a favorite of El Rushbo, will reopen Sept. 24, with a revamped menu emphasizing seafood to be rolled out a month or so later.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami New Times' Iron Fork Is Tonight: Five Best Reasons to Make the Drive
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Delray's Chef vs. Chef Competitors Take On Uni: Sea Sperm Never Tasted So Good!
- Ten Best Ramen Spots in Broward and Palm Beach Counties