Restaurant News: Falcon House Bar Bites, Beer Tasting, Pei Wei Savings
• It's hard to beat the "Recession Buster" bar bites menu at Falcon House. All night every night, the artfully funky Delray Beach eatery is dishing a short menu of goodies, plus domestic and imported bottle beer, for a miserly $1.99. A few examples: crispy calamari with Cajun aioli, chicken quesadillas, beef sliders with crispy onions and "secret sauce," and mac 'n' cheese.
• Beer really isn't just for breakfast anymore. It's for fine-dining and swell Christmas presents too. Taste your way through a dozen artisan and imported beers on Thursday at the Pembroke Pines Total Wine & More. You'll get to learn as well as taste, snarf some munchies, get discounts and more. Tickets cost $15, but if you visit the store or call before the event and preregister, you'll get one free ticket for every ticket you buy.
• Get a break and give a break at any Pei Wei Asian Diner. On Wednesday, the P.F. Chang's sibling will take 25 percent off any entrée with the donation of a nonperishable food item, which itself will be donated to a local food bank. Call it a "recession special."
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks