Restaurant News: Goodbye to Anthony's in Boynton, Ta-Ta to Amici in Palm Beach, See Ya Later to Old Homestead at Boca Resort
• Here's a shocker: a trendy, coal-fired pizzeria actually closed. That would be Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza in Boynton Beach, across Gateway Boulevard from the sprawling Renaissance Commons retail-residential complex. No word on what will take over the space but this Tony's is gone, gone, gone.
• Also gone to that great restaurant dumpster in the sky is Amici, the long-time favorite of Palm Beach's society-ladies who lunch-gentlemen who drive around slowly in their Bentleys set. It seems even rich people aren't spending as much dining out as they used to. Don't cry too hard for them, though. They're still rich. Just not quite as.
• And while we're on the subject of people with more money than you, Old Homestead steakhouse has departed from the tony enclave of the Boca Raton Resort & Club. It's been replaced by the more casual, less expensive 501 East, which emphasizes burgers and sandwiches and salads and homey entrees like meatloaf and rotisserie chicken instead of steaks costing twice as much as the Indians got for Manhattan.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Circa 1926 Tangerine Wheat From Darwin Brewing
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Black Friday Beers, Cocktails for...
- South Florida Grocery and Liquor Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day