Restaurant News: Harold's Coffee Lounge Debuts, Christopher's Now Has Beer and Wine, Hollywood to Get Margaritaville
• Suck my beans, Starbucks. West Palm Beach's latest ode to caffeinated beverages is anything but another corporate purveyor of designer coffee. Harold's Coffee Lounge (514 Northwood Road; 561-833-6366) pours a nice cuppa amid local art, occasional live music, free WiFi, and pastries from the estimable Le Petit Pain. And no ventis.
• To go along with a new menu featuring dishes like crushed avocado flatbread and "Mother Earth pizza," the vegan/raw food Christopher's Kitchen in Palm Beach Gardens has gotten its beer and wine license, so now you can wash down your cheesy kale chips with organic, biodynamic, sustainably farmed booze.
• Hollywood may not come immediately to mind when you think of Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville,
but city fathers (and mothers) are hoping the $130 million
hotel/restaurant/entertainment complex on its
still-undeveloped-after-all-these-years beachfront will bring the
tourist hordes eager to waste away in a tony, faux-beach-bum resort.
Construction is slated to begin in March of next year. And bring your
own damned shaker of salt.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBP.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Florida Food & Drink Events For the Week: Bottle Releases, Oyster Tasting,...
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Circa 1926 Tangerine Wheat From Darwin Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Black Friday Beers, Cocktails for...