Restaurant News: Hoffman's Adds Cupcakes, Tasti D-Light Debuts, Ritzy Burgers at the Ritz
• One of the hottest food trends of the past couple of years is cupcakes, and now Hoffman's Chocolates is jumping on the cupcake bandwagon. Beginning in June, the five local Hoffman's will be offering more than two dozen varieties of the tasty little cakes, at $2.75 for a regular-sized cuppie and $1.25 for a mini. Nothing like a bite-sized indulgence to make the day go down a little easier.
• "Healthy dessert" may seem like one of those oxy-type morons, but it's the secret to success for Tasti D-Lite, a New York-based chain of frozen dessert purveyors that opened its fourth South Florida outlet (1050 Gateway Blvd., 561-244-7343) in Quantum Town Centre in Boynton Beach. On the menu are more than 100 low-calorie, fat, and carb flavors in cups and cones as well as smoothies, shakes, and sundaes.
• Time's running out to stuff your face with a ritzy hamburger at one of SoFla's ritziest resorts. That would be the Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach, where through the end of the month the posh retreat's Breeze eatery will be celebrating National Burger Month with a different haute burger each day. Among the pampered patties -- a meat-loaf burger, cranberry delight burger, and fried Buffalo chicken burger. You really do deserve a break today.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Delray's Chef vs. Chef Week 11: Cocktails and Smut, Anyone?
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- North Carolina's Duck-Rabbit Brewery Brings Beer To Florida September 3
- The Nine Best Bar Appetizers in Palm Beach