Restaurant News: Il Bacio Goes "Wet, White and Blue," Ouzo Blue Goes Dark, Paddy McGee's Goes to Delray
• Party like a patriot at Il
Bacio, where on Sunday, May 30, the niteclubby Delray restaurant
will host its "Wet, White and Blue" bash. On tap for the event, which
begins at 6 p.m., are live reggae from Hard Drive; drinks specials from
Bacardi, 1800 Tequila and 42 Below vodka; sounds by DJ Brett the Hitman;
and a fashion show full of bikini-clad eye candy, plus display of body
art done by John Neyrot, official body paint artist for Sports
Illustrated's 2010 Swimsuit Edition. To keep your strength up, the
regular menu will be offered, as well as roster of specials off the
restaurant's custom 8-foot grill.
• They're singing the blues at Ouzo Blue, the twin Greek eateries with the party hearty atmosphere, as without warning both the Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens locations have shut down. A shitty economy and undercapitalization were reportedly the causes, as well as alleged financial hanky-panky by a person associated with the restaurants. Even so, Ouzo's owners are still trying to open a Coconut Grove location, though the batting average of restaurants in that town isn't exactly encouraging.
• The rich just keep getting richer, at least when it comes to restaurant-rich Atlantic Avenue in Delray. The newest addition to the street's dining lineup is Paddy McGee's (307 E. Atlantic Ave., 561-865-7341), a nouveau Irish pub with a roster of craft beers on tap and menu of traditional (and not-so-traditional) Irish dishes. What that means is that you can wash down your shepherd's pie, bangers & mash, and roast beef with Yorkshire pudding with a pint o' Guinness or Harp, while swilling Arrogant Bastard ale and Amstel Light with your smoked fish dip, Philly cheesesteak and nachos.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Florida Beer: Mal De Ojo From M.I.A. Brewing Company
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Jerk Fest, Sake Class, and More
- Memorial Day Weekend: Where to Eat, Drink, and Remember in South Florida