Restaurant News: Mango Gangster to Delray, Gourmet and Green, Lantana Bash
• Allen Susser, one of the original Mango Gangers (with Norman Van Aken and Mark Militello), will open a gastropub, Taste, in the Pineapple Grove area of Delray Beach sometime early next year. Look for small plates of comfy food and a roster of swell cocktails.
• Also in Delray, Joey Giannuzzi's Green Gourmet made its debut in the Shoppes at Addison Place. It features traditional and contemporary American dishes prepared with organic, all-natural ingredients, available to eat in or take home. The eatery itself is green too, making extensive use of recycled and repurposed materials.
• Trying to entice locals to enjoy its quirky Old Florida charms, the restaurants and businesses on Lantana's East Ocean Avenue are holding a "reopening celebration" this Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. There will be live entertainment, free food and wine samples, specials sales, raffles and more.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Beerfest, Trader Joe's, and...
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Florida Beer: Hard Cider From Cigar City Cider and Mead
- Bar Brawls Round Two: More Panty-Dropping, '20s Style