Restaurant News: Margaritaville Resort Headed for Hollywood, B.B. King to Play B.B. King's, See and Eat Seafood in Pompano Beach
• Cynics among you (though certainly not Charlie) might consider it akin to choosing between typhoid and malaria, but the Hollywood City Commission has picked Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville over Sly Stallone and Bruce Willis' Planet Hollywood to build a $100 million hotel/restaurant/resort complex on the city's six-acre beachfront property at Johnson Street and the Boardwalk. It's a long way from happening, but plans call for a faux-tropical theme complete with tiki bar, restaurant, amphitheater for free concerts, and seaplane and sailboat gracing a swimming pool.
• On Wednesday and Thursday, May 5 and 6, B.B. King's Blues Club really will be B.B. King's Blues Club when the King of the Blues himself slips into town for a pair of concerts. One-hundred SRO rezzies are available for $50, but if you want to park your butt in a seat for the evening and chow down on a three-course meal (garden or caesar salad, filet mignon and salmon combo, fruit cobbler, and banana bread pudding), tickets will cost you $100 to $225. Doors open at 5 p.m.; tickets are available by phoning or showing up at the restaurant.
• Fresh fish, live music and lots of artsy-craftsy stuff to buy are on the menu of this year's Pompano Beach Seafood Festival, set to take place on the beach at Atlantic Avenue from Friday through Sunday, April 16 to 18. More than 50 local charities will benefit from the bash, which will feature all manner of waterborne goodies from local restaurants as well as performances by Eddie Money and the Gin Blossoms. Tickets cost $10 per person and are available only at the gate.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Delray's Chef vs. Chef Week 11: Cocktails and Smut, Anyone?
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- North Carolina's Duck-Rabbit Brewery Brings Beer To Florida September 3
- The Nine Best Bar Appetizers in Palm Beach