Restaurant News: McSchmick's to (Finally) Open in CityPlace; Check Please Checks Back In; Victor's Now Open for Dinner
• It took almost as long as a stone crab to grow another claw, but after months of speculation, the long-awaited McCormick & Schmick's seafood house is set to make its CityPlace debut on Monday, February 8. Expect the usual McSchmick formula -- lots of fresh fish and shellfish done a dozen different ways and a thriving bar scene.
• Check Please South Florida, the show that makes everyone a restaurant critic, has kicked off its third season, and several local eateries will be featured in upcoming shows. The February 1 show features Sage Oyster Bar in Hollywood, Stained Glass Pub in Fort Lauderdale, and Seafood World in Lighthouse Point. Next week is Palm Beach's turn, with Sailfish Marina, Sushi Rock, and Victoria's Peruvian Cuisine up for discussion. Hosted by celeb chef Michelle Bernstein, it airs every Monday at 7:30 p.m. on WBPT.
• Victor's Café, the cutest little restaurant you'll ever tear your hair out trying to locate, is now open for dinner. Tucked away in a gorgeous, greenery-bedecked courtyard off Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, the casual, inexpensive café is now dishing its trademark Roman-style pizzas, sammies, burgers, salads, quesadillas, and more Monday through Saturday until 9 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Bar Brawls Round Two: More Panty-Dropping, '20s Style
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Trader Joe's Davie Opens Friday, Fort Lauderdale Location Is Next
- Where (Else) to Score Pumpkin Drinks in South Florida