Restaurant News: Moquila to Reopen, Alabama Joe's Expands, More on Max's
• It wasn't all that long ago Charlie noted the demise of Moquila, the upscale Mexican eatery in Boca that for a time after opening was quite the gastronomic hot stuff. Well, according to an ad on Craigslist, poshly appointed outpost of "progressive Mexican/Latin cuisine" is making a June comeback with"Chef Hall" a "renowned culinary genius," behind the stove. Charlie's got a couple of calls in to the new crew and will report back whenever they're returned.
• Charlie's also waiting for more info on a second location for Lake Worth's family and sports nut-friendly Alabama Joe's Front Row Sports Theater & Grille.
No debut date or details yet, but Joe's, the sequel, is going into the
Town Center Canyon mall in West Boynton Beach. If it's anything like its
Lake Worth parent, there will be more flat-screen TVs than you can
shake a french fry at, plus a moderately priced "Big Eats, Home Cookin'"
menu that ranges from burgers and chicken "wangs" to meatloaf and
Southern fried chicken.
• A few more details to add to the coming of Max's Harvest,
the latest venture of Palm Beach restaurateur Dennis Max. The "farm to
fork" eatery will make its debut in the Delray spot once home to Taste
Gastropub on Thursday, June 9. Exec chef Chris Miracolo, late of
Himmarshee Bar & Grill, will be working with such esteemed purveyors
as Swank Farms, Farmer Jay's Organics and Heritage Hen Farms to craft
dishes like wahoo crudo with yellow chili emulsion and hand-cut
pappardelle with spring lamb ragout.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks