Restaurant News: New Pizzeria for West Palm, Portofino Finito on Singer Island
• Just to prove that pizza really is the new black comes word of yet another upscale pizzeria to set up shop in PBC. It's Henry's Brick Oven Pizza (3676 Collins Drive, West Palm Beach, 561-433-9390) from Enrico "Henry" Olmino, founder of Mario's of Boca and Mario's East. Expect all the usual Italian culinary suspects, plus garlic rolls à la Mario the Baker, which Olmino's family opened in Sunrise in 1973.
• After 32 years, Portofino Italian Grill is out of its beachfront location on Singer Island, victim of a rent dispute between owner Solomon Kedmi and landlord Dan Catalfumo. Kedmi's filed a lawsuit over his eviction, so at least the lawyers will be eating well.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Your Guide to Pumpkin Patches in Broward and Palm Beach Counties
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 7:00pm
- Night + Day: Ten Things to Do in Broward and Palm Beach This Week
- SuViche Blends Asian and Peruvian Cuisine for American Palates