Restaurant News: Prime Meal Deal, Piñon Does Brunch, Summer Cocktails at RA
• A prime dinner for a subprime price is the deal at swanky supper club Prime Delray, where Sunday through Friday from 4 to 8 p.m., a pair of prime mates (or primates, for that matter) can snag a three-course meal for two for $75, including a bottle of wine. Caesar salad begins and chocolate bread pudding ends the festivities; in between, you can choose from filet mignon, Chilean sea bass, braised short ribs, and wood-roasted chicken. Primo, no?
• It's summertime, and the livin' is easy... at least if you're chilling over a cold adult beverage or three. In honor of South Florida's face-melting season, RA Sushi in Palm Beach Gardens and Pembroke Pines have rolled out a trio of hot-weather cocktails designed to make livin', if not easier, at least better-lubricated. There's the Orange Dreamsicle that's got cream of coconut, Pinnacle whipped vodka and OJ; the Coconut Mojito that adds coconut rum, vodka, and cream to the basic mojito mix; and the Key lime martini, which seems more about coconut and pineapple juice than Key limes. But what the hell? They're $8 and available until September 5.
• If you can roll out of bed sober on weekends, you may want to check out the new brunch menu at Boca's Piñon Grill every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. There's a DIY egg scrambler that lets you pimp your cholesterol with everything from shrimp and beef brisket to asparagus and cheeses, plus thick-cut French toast, smoked salmon platter, and something called Pigs in a Blanket on a Stick -- a blueberry pancake-wrapped and deep-fried country sausage. Yee-haw!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Delray's Chef vs. Chef Week 12: The Tongues, They Were A-Wagging
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Max's Social House Announces Bartenders Participating in "Bar Brawls" Competition
- McDonald's Announces All-Day Breakfast Starting October 6