Restaurant News: Reef Road Partners Split, A Second Chance to Savor Blue Fish, Tyler Florence Puttin' on the Ritz
• Three of the four partners of Clematis Street's Reef Road Restaurant & Rum Bar have hit the road in a reportedly friendly dispute over the direction of the casual, seafood-oriented, beachy-type eatery. Niteclub impresario Cleve Mash has bought out Rocco Mangel and Todd Herbst and Bill Watson of Big Time Restaurant Group and will add live music and entertainment to the dining mix in an effort to boost business. A little work on the food wouldn't hurt either.
• If you want to Savor the Avenue Thursday, March 18, at The Blue Fish's table down the center of Atlantic Avenue. . . sorry, but you're SOL. But you can still Savor the Avenue at Blue Fish, as the Delray eatery has added a second table, this one on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant, where you can snarf down the same fare as the other Fish fanciers, as well as hang at a pre-dinner cocktail party (beginning at 5:30 p.m.) and post-dinner after-bash (ending at midnight). Cost is $55 per person in advance or $60 at the door, but with limited seating, you should probably jump on this one right away. RSVP (credit card required) at www.livingfla.com/rsvp/ or 561-637-4441.
• Yes, that was Food Network's Tyler Florence you may have seen flitting around the Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach earlier this month. It seems the fleshy TV toque wasn't just layin' on the luxury but was cooking for a wedding of the DeBartolo clan. Just which clan members a whole lot of Googling couldn't uncover, but if you want to see a short vid of behind-the-scenes kitchen action, go here.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Last Chance to Save on New Times' Beerfest: The Full List of Brewerys
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 7:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Beerfest, Trader Joe's, and...
- Florida Beer: Hard Cider From Cigar City Cider and Mead