Restaurant News: Relishing Those Burgers, McCray's BBQ Stays Alive, Williams-Sonoma Offers Free Classes
• There are more burgers to relish than you can shake a french fry at at the new Relish burger emporium (401 Northwood Rd., 561-629-5377) in West Palm Beach. More than 1,000 different combinations, according to owners Daniel and Desiree Tobin, which you can DIY with 20 assorted relishes (from citrus remoulade and béarnaise to Thai peanut satay and scotch bonnet mango) and a dozen assorted burgers (from beef and buffalo to wild mushroom and lobster). There are sliders, mini-cookies, fries with choice of gourmet salts and hand-made shakes (gotta try the chocolate truffle).
• After five years of dishing barbecue from a trailer, McCray's II Backyard BBQ (1521 45th St., West Palm Beach, 561-842-1513) dodged a potentially lethal bullet last week when the town of Mangonia Park OK'd a six-month extension of owner Derrick McCray's business license to give him time to get construction going on a promised drive-thru building with real bathrooms and parking. McCray has until the end of September to show progress or he could be in the same situation again, so if you're a fan you may want to pick up some ribs now. . . just in case.
• Sharpen your cooking chops just in time for summer at local Williams-Sonoma stores, which in May are offering a trio of free classes to make warm weather dining an actual pleasure. The hour-long classes are held each Sunday at varying times (call your local store for specifics and reservations). They begin May 16 with backyard braising, then go on to making better burgers on May 23 and preparing Iron Chef Michael Symon's favorite Memorial Day dishes on May 30.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- No More Pizza: Pizzeria Oceano Becomes Jerk Oceano in Lantana
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- Florida Beer: Route 90 Rye Pale Ale From Engine 15 Brewing Company
- Fourth-Annual All-You-Can-Eat Boca Burger Battle Returns to Sanborn Square