Restaurant News: Rocco's Comes to Boca, Clematis Social Reforms, Johnny V's Offers 'Stimulus' Dinner
• A pair of West Palm Beach eateries are taking their shows on the road to the rather tonier confines of the Shops at Boca Center. Come fall, Rocco's Tacos will be slinging tortillas and margaritas in the current Big City Tavern space, the same eats and drinks that have made the Clematis Street Rocco's one of the street's real rockin' restaurants. And later this year, look for Opus to become Opa, as in Opus 5 morphing into Taverna Opa. Opus operator Burt Rapoport and partners have sold the mod American cuisine spot to Opa's Lirim Jacobi, who'll turn the sleek space into another all-night Greek party once he finishes opening two more Opas in Miami.
• Another former Rapoport spot, Clematis Social, is in the process of becoming Reef Road & Rum Bar. Dr. Feelgood's Clive Mash and the folks behind Rocco's Tacos hope to turn the old Social into a moderately priced seafood joint come September. We'll see if it has longer legs than Social, which lasted all of six months.
• The heat is on local restaurants this summer, so they're firing up the specials to keep business from cooling off. In Fort Lauderdale, Johnny V Las Olas is dishing a three-course "Summer Stimulus" dinner Sunday through Thursday and until 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, plus two-for-one drinks and early-bird $5 tapas. Just up the street, Bova Prime is doing three courses for $29.95 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, along with 30 percent off any bottle of wine (the price will hit $35 come August 1). And up in Delray, Nick Morfogen's 32 East is serving a daily four-course meal for $35; throw in wine and it's just another ten bucks.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito