Restaurant News: Stevi B's Pizza Debuts, the Addison Shifts Gears, Vivo Does Lunch
• You can never be too rich, too thin, or too full of pizza. Or at least, that's the way it seems around here nowadays. Latest to jump into the local pizza wars is Stevi B's, an Atlanta-based buffet-style pizzeria chain that has opened the second of what is intended to be ten Florida B's, this one in Lake Park (1224 Northlake Blvd., 561-845-7997). The roster of designer pies includes everything from loaded baked potato and chicken fajita pizzas to mac 'n' cheese and spinach alfredo.
• Nightly dinner service has gone the way of Lindsay Lohan's career at the Addison, the posh Boca restaurant/special-event site in Addison Mizner's former office and residence. The demand for catered events in the elegant space reportedly outpaced restaurant business, so the focus now is weddings, parties, and the like. The restaurant will open to the public on major holidays, for theme dinners, and for any size party that wants to reserve a table.
• They're now serving lunch at Tony Bova's recently opened Vivo Partenza (1450 N. Federal Highway, Boca Raton; 561-750-2120), which occupies the swank space once home to Bova's (pre-Scott Rothstein) Bova Ristorante. Dishes like grilled octopus with string beans and potatoes; hanger steak with mozzarella, tomatoes and fries; and grilled three-cheese sandwich with braised short ribs will be served Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito