Restaurant News: Total Wine to Open in Wellington, Marcello's La Sirena Reopens, Tokyo Blue Does Dinner Deal
• The 15thTotal Wine & More
in Florida should debut sometime late this year or early next in the space soon to be vacated by World Market in Wellington's Shoppes at Isla Verde. The gigabooze warehouse joins brethren in Palm Beach Gardens, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Pembroke Pines, offering 8,000 wines and 1,000 beers so you'll never have to go thirsty again.
• If you've been jonesing for Marcello Fiorentio's crespelle ai quattro formaggi or his costoletta di vitello alla Sirena, grab your fork and knife and get down to Marcello's La Sirena, which reopened last week for their 25th year after a short summer break.
• The new-restaurant smell has barely worn off slickster Japanese restaurant/sushi bar/nightclub Tokyo Blue and already the deals are coming. This one is a three-course Asian fusion dinner for $20 with choices like chicken pad Thai and miso black cod, this last not much of a surprise, as one of the chefs is an alum of Nobu South Beach, where Nobu Matsuhisa's miso black cod is practically a religion.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Bar Brawls Round Two: More Panty-Dropping, '20s Style
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Trader Joe's Davie Opens Friday, Fort Lauderdale Location Is Next
- Where (Else) to Score Pumpkin Drinks in South Florida