Restaurant News: Uncle Julio's Salsa Wednesdays, Weekend Bash, Brunch at Omphoy
• It's party time at Uncle Julio's in Mizner Park. The upscale Mexican eatery has launched live music and salsa nights as well as a happy-hour menu of half-price apps and $5 cocktails. Every Wednesday, flamenco guitarist Nicholas Marks will perform from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., then on Thursdays from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m., he'll perform and host salsa dancing. The weekday happy hour runs from 4 to 7 p.m. and features bargains on wines and specialty drinks, $3 brewskis, and cut-rate quesadillas, nachos, guacamole, tamales, and more.
• Adding more oomph to the Omphoy, the tony Palm Beach resort with twin Michelle Bernstein restaurants, are a pair of weekend events. Saturday nights at the resort's sleek O Bar boast live jazz from 9 p.m. until midnight, plus a tapas menu of bites ranging from ceviche and shrimp cocktail to crispy artichokes and roasted bone marrow with pulled short ribs. The same tapas menu is available at the ocean-view MB Terrace restaurant every Sunday from noon to 4 p.m., along with a list of à la carte brunch offerings and tunes from DJ Blondie.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Publix Offering Signature NFL Subs in Four Cities, Including South Florida
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Boatyard — Formerly Bimini Boatyard — Hosting Job Fair September 10 to 12
- Funky Buddha Brewery's Sweet Potato Casserole Is Out Today, Morning Wood Coming Next Week