Riverwalk Burger Battle Changes: Downtowner Saloon Replaces Chef Allen
With the third-annual Riverwalk Burger Battle at Huizenga Park in downtown Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, some major changes have been announced.
The Burger Battle, held from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, has learned that chef Allen Susser has dropped out of the event.
The owner of Chef Allen's Burger Bar in Palm Beach Gardens and at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, had agreed to host the evening's French-fry bar. The always-affable chef was also scheduled to serve as battle judge.
Clean Plate Charlie reached out to Susser, who declined to comment.
Downtowner Saloon stepped in at the last minute to sponsor the
all-important French-fry bar (because what the heck is a burger party without
fries?), and Udo Mueller, executive chef at Coral Ridge Country Club, has
agreed to replace Allen as battle judge.
Other last-minute changes
at the Burger Battle include:
pairing of Susie's Scrumptious Sweets dessert bar with Terrapin Moo Hoo
chocolate milk stout will be featured at the VIP Experience.
- American's Backyard and Mugs Bar & Grill are new additions to the Burger Battle, replacing Shuck N' Dive and M Bar Las Olas.
Tickets to the VIP Experience are sold out, but general-admission tickets are still available .
The $40 GA ticket includes tastings of all 20 burgers and sliders at
the battle, the ability to vote for fan favorite, three drink tickets
good for either Barefoot wine, Jack Daniel's, Budweiser, or Voss
(additional cash bars are available), and access to the Downtowner
Saloon French-fry bar.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito