Rye Manhattan Cocktail Recipe from Tap 42's Beverage Director
Classic cocktails are seeing a resurgence. It was just a few years back when Old Fashioneds and Manhattans were for old-fashioned people -- a James Bond-like relic of the past. Not anymore. Lucky for us, the days of frozen drinks and girly cosmos are on the way out. Well, we hope so, at least.
Yesterday, Clean Plate Charlie spoke to Tap 42 beverage director Paige Nast about her favorite cocktails and more. And luckily, we were able to score one of her favorite recipes: her unique spin on the classic Manhattan.
- Bartender Q&A: Tap 42 Beverage Director Paige Nast on
- Try This: Bartender Charles Steadman's "Ginger in the Rye" Cocktail Recipe
- Try This: Bartender Kerry McCabe's "New Fashioned" Cocktail Recipe
For a while there bourbon was the 'in' whiskey of the moment. Not that it has gone anywhere, but rye is now experiencing its comeback in the cocktail world. The not-so-sweet whiskey makes for a dryer drink. Below Paige Nast gives us a unique interpretation on the classic cocktail.
2 ounces of Knob Creek Rye
1 ounce Dolin Rouge
5 dashes Bittermen's Hellfire Habanero Scrub bitters
3 dashes Angostura Orange bitters
Combine all ingredients in a glass. Stir. Serve on the rocks, garnished with a flamed orange.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Eat Your Way Through Presidents' Day With Five Different Brunches
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: After Dark Food Market, Fresh Fest,...
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Summadayze IPA From Darwin Brewing