Rye Manhattan Cocktail Recipe from Tap 42's Beverage Director
Classic cocktails are seeing a resurgence. It was just a few years back when Old Fashioneds and Manhattans were for old-fashioned people -- a James Bond-like relic of the past. Not anymore. Lucky for us, the days of frozen drinks and girly cosmos are on the way out. Well, we hope so, at least.
Yesterday, Clean Plate Charlie spoke to Tap 42 beverage director Paige Nast about her favorite cocktails and more. And luckily, we were able to score one of her favorite recipes: her unique spin on the classic Manhattan.
- Bartender Q&A: Tap 42 Beverage Director Paige Nast on
- Try This: Bartender Charles Steadman's "Ginger in the Rye" Cocktail Recipe
- Try This: Bartender Kerry McCabe's "New Fashioned" Cocktail Recipe
For a while there bourbon was the 'in' whiskey of the moment. Not that it has gone anywhere, but rye is now experiencing its comeback in the cocktail world. The not-so-sweet whiskey makes for a dryer drink. Below Paige Nast gives us a unique interpretation on the classic cocktail.
2 ounces of Knob Creek Rye
1 ounce Dolin Rouge
5 dashes Bittermen's Hellfire Habanero Scrub bitters
3 dashes Angostura Orange bitters
Combine all ingredients in a glass. Stir. Serve on the rocks, garnished with a flamed orange.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Circa 1926 Tangerine Wheat From Darwin Brewing
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Black Friday Beers, Cocktails for...
- South Florida Grocery and Liquor Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day