Rye Manhattan Cocktail Recipe from Tap 42's Beverage Director
Classic cocktails are seeing a resurgence. It was just a few years back when Old Fashioneds and Manhattans were for old-fashioned people -- a James Bond-like relic of the past. Not anymore. Lucky for us, the days of frozen drinks and girly cosmos are on the way out. Well, we hope so, at least.
Yesterday, Clean Plate Charlie spoke to Tap 42 beverage director Paige Nast about her favorite cocktails and more. And luckily, we were able to score one of her favorite recipes: her unique spin on the classic Manhattan.
- Bartender Q&A: Tap 42 Beverage Director Paige Nast on
- Try This: Bartender Charles Steadman's "Ginger in the Rye" Cocktail Recipe
- Try This: Bartender Kerry McCabe's "New Fashioned" Cocktail Recipe
For a while there bourbon was the 'in' whiskey of the moment. Not that it has gone anywhere, but rye is now experiencing its comeback in the cocktail world. The not-so-sweet whiskey makes for a dryer drink. Below Paige Nast gives us a unique interpretation on the classic cocktail.
2 ounces of Knob Creek Rye
1 ounce Dolin Rouge
5 dashes Bittermen's Hellfire Habanero Scrub bitters
3 dashes Angostura Orange bitters
Combine all ingredients in a glass. Stir. Serve on the rocks, garnished with a flamed orange.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito