Say Cheese: Giant Rodent Spotted in Wilton Manors Restaurant
Say cheese: Rat? Squirrel? Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in the restaurant.
Ben via Local10.com
We're not sure whether that's a giant rat, a squirrel, or a really weird-looking kitten. We just know it should not be hanging out in a Wilton Manors restaurant.
According to Local10.com,
the mystery creature was spotted inside Simply Delish restaurant by a passerby, who snapped a picture of the critter.
The photographer, identified as Wilton Manors resident Ben, told Local 10's Jeff Weinsier, "It was so large, it looked like a cat. "Through
the glass, I saw two red beady eyes staring at me. I took out my phone
and snapped a photo."
The restaurant has had a history of health code violations and was briefly shut down on July 24 by inspectors, who found 37 violations, including:
- Dead roaches on premises. Seven dead inside glass door cooler in prep area, four dead on floor in kitchen area, four dead by ice machine.
- Rodent activity as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Seven dry rodent droppings on top of dishwashing machine .
activity as evidenced by live roaches found, three live in prep area, nine
live in gaskets at cookline cooler, two live inside cookline cooler, one
live by ice machine.
Local 10 sent the rodent photo to Florida health inspectors, who dropped in to
have lunch revisit Simply Delish yesterday, September 21. Though the inspectors did not shut down the restaurant (or find the rodent), they did find more dead roaches and some old rodent droppings.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks