Second Annual Chef's Challenge At Northwood Village
Northwood Village setting up tents for the Chef's Challenge.
Northwood Village via Facebook
The second annual chef's challenge, which pits local chefs against each other in a friendly little battle of wits and skills, will be held this Friday, February 24 at Northwood Village in West Palm Beach.
The chef's challenge is part of Northwood Village's monthly Art & Wine Promenade, a free event from 6 - 9 p.m. The event features free wine tastings, free wine glass decorating at the Palm Beach Restoration Studio, live music and dance performances, and face painting for the kids.
Northwood Village also turns into a walkable artist studio, with artists working and displaying their art along the sidewalks.
Eight chefs are participating in this year's chef's challenge, including last year's winner, Chef Noopy of Thai Cafe. Chefs compete by making their favorite dish, with voting conducted by a panel of judges and the audience. Chefs competing in the 2012 competition include:
- Café Centro - Chef Jairo Ramirez - Four Cheese Ravioli with Gorgonzola Alfredo
- Fresh Catch Seafood- Chef Mark Kulbacky - White Fish and Yellow Rice with Mixed Vegetables
- Jade Kitchen - Chef Wayne Devers - Bacon Wrapped Banana Malakor
- Thai Café - Chef Noopy - Thai Dumpling
- Presto Pizza & Deli - Chef Gary Erveluz- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Souvlaki Grill - Chef Benjamin Diaz - Baked Pastitsio (Greek Lasagna)
- Sunset Bar & Grill - Chef Terry Marince - Sunset Meatball
- Supe's Jamaican Restaurant- Chef Patsy - White Rice with Beans and Side of Plantains
Limited parking is available on site. Free trolley service is provided to Northwood Village from the West Palm Beach public library from 5:30 - 10:00 p.m. "Like" Northwood Village on Facebook for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.