Shooters, Bootlegger Plan To Remain Open, Despite Bankruptcy Auction
The restaurants, along with adjoining property, will be auctioned off by Fisher Auctions of Pompano Beach on December 5 at 11 a.m. The auction, by order of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, will be held live and on-site.
- Two World Famous Waterfront Restaurants and Bar known as "Shooters and Bootlegger"
- Over 20,000+/- SF of Leasable Area
- Prime Intracoastal Waterway Property with Potential for Re-Development
- 1.03+/- Acre Site with Room for Expansion
- 340+/- Feet along the Intracoastal Waterway
Potential bidders are required to register in advance and deposit $500,000 in escrow before the auction. Should you win the restaurant, you'll have to close within 30 days and agree to keep the restaurants open and operational, at least for the foreseeable future.
According to Lauren Davila, Shooters and Bootleggers hopes to remain open. "Shooters is operating as normal and will continue to. In fact, we have extended our hours."
As for long range plans, Davila is hopeful the new owners will keep the iconic name and concept. "The successful purchaser will be buying the waterfront real estate, the iconic Shooters name, related business as a going concern, etc., but there is no requirement to keep everything as it is. Certainly, the buyer is free to change the menu and the restaurant concept if he or she chooses to do so."
Let's hope they don't mess with the Hot Bod competitions.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Valentine's Day 2016 Dinners in Broward and Palm Beach
Thu., Feb. 25, 8:00pm
Sat., Feb. 27, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 7:00pm
Tue., Mar. 1, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Mardi Gras Bar Crawl, Food Truck...
- #FloridaBeerFriday: A-10 Hophog Red IPA From Copperpoint Brewing Company