Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp Comes To BX Beer Depot, On Tap August 14
Lake Worth's homebrew hangout BX Beer Depot is putting together a summertime bash to celebrate the Sierra Nevada brewing project called Beer Camp Across America on Thursday August 14th starting at 6pm.
To celebrate their new expansion brewery which opened this month in North Carolina, Sierra Nevada Brewing sent out invitations to 12 of America's craft beer kingpins to come out to Chico for a round of collaboration beers.
All 12 will be on tap at the Depot.
The beers that will be available (which are also found in the Beer Camp box), are:
- Bells Maillards Odyssey Imperial Dark Ale
- Firestone Walker Torpedo Pilsner
- Three Floyds Chico King Pale Ale
- Ballast Point Electric Ray Indian Pale Lager
- Ninkasi Double Latte Coffee Milk Stout
- Oscar Blues Yonder Bock Rye Bock
- Allagash Myrons Walk Belgian Pale
- Russian River Yvan the Great Belgian Blonde
- New Glarus There and Back English Bitter
- Victory Alt Route Alt Beer
- Asheville Brewer Alliance Taters Ridge Scottish Ale
The team at BX know first hand how to put on this Beer Camp event, having gone to the Asheville, North Carolina festival and experiencing it all in the flesh.
"[We] actually shut down so all employees could go," owner Sally Parsons told us. "What an awesome trip. We were able to visit so many breweries in one location."
All of that beer, with breweries that don't normally distribute down in our neck of the woods, will make for an event beer enthusiasts will not want to miss. Even if you've had the twelve-pack box, it's doubtful you'll be able to find this collection on draft anywhere else around.
"Words can't describe how stoked we are. Sierra Nevada has been one of our favorite breweries for many reasons and the fact that they collaborated with these breweries is an historical event in the beer world. Soooo excited."
In addition to the amazing beer on site, there will be a raffling of Cigar City Brewing's latest stout release, Marshal Zhukov, and their wee heavy Scotch ale Bourbon Big Sound at the event, including flights of the beers so you can try them all.
Doug Fairall is a craft beer blogger who focuses on Florida beers and has been a homebrewer since 2010. For beer things in your Twitter feed, follow him @DougFairall and find the latest beer pics on Instagram.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Whole Foods Ripping Off Customers, Says California State Investigation
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- One in Four "Food Insecure" in Boca Raton; Community Garden Is Working to Keep Them Fed
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Week: 64-Ounce Growlers, Beer Bingo, Food...