So Delicious Launches Cashew Milk Ice Cream in Five Flavors
While regular ice cream eaters have (at least) 31 flavors to choose from, those on a nondairy diet face a more limited menu for frozen treats.
But thanks to So Delicious Dairy Free, there are five new flavors rolling into local grocer's freezers, and thanks to cashews, they're supercreamy.
The nondairy company's new lineup includes flavors like Snickerdoodle, Salted Caramel Cluster, Cappuccino, and more.
"Our team launched cashew milk beverages in July 2013," said Hilary Martin, a spokesperson for So Delicious. It only makes sense that sweet treats would follow.
"Cashews are one of the most popular nuts in the U.S., and their decadent flavor and texture lends itself to a creamy, delicious base for frozen desserts," she says.
The flavors include:
- Snickerdoodle: Cinnamon with chunks of gluten-free snickerdoodle cookie dough.
- Salted Caramel Cluster: Dark-chocolate-covered cashews laced with salted caramel.
- Creamy Cashew: Fair-trade vanilla and a bit of sea salt.
- Cappuccino: Fair-trade coffee with a hint of spice.
- Dark Chocolate Truffle: Fair-trade cocoa folded with fudge and shaved chocolate.
The company has been making frozen treats for 27 years, Martin adds, and it's always looking for new ideas.
And good news: They're not relegated just to Whole Foods. "All five flavors will roll out this month in natural and conventional grocery stores nationwide."
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahgetshappy.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.