South Florida Food-Related Events This Weekend: Grace Jamaican Jerk Festival and More
Now that the politicking and bickering is done -- HA, ha, ha, just kidding -- it's time to focus on a weekend of food, booze, and more food and booze. Festival season is in swing and there's a lot happening in Broward and Palm Beach counties this weekend. After the jump, find a list of six of the top food- and drink-related contenders for the weekend.
6. 1,001 Moroccan Nights: For months, Pistache French Bistro in West Palm Beach has led its customers on a "tour of the world" -- or Tour Du Monde -- with themed nights celebrating a range of cuisine and culture, from Spain to Russia. Saturday night is the last stop with 1,001 Moroccan Nights, featuring a three-course Moroccan menu for $39 per person (the regular menu also is available). The evening also includes belly dancers and traditional Moroccan music.
5. Riverwalk Get Downtown: In the effort to get people to swarm the downtown area and sample the goods from a variety of restaurants and other local businesses, Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale hosts a biannual Get Downtown event held in the Plaza at Las Olas Place (aka, the YOLO plaza). This season's event is set for 5 to 8 tonight, and the price to get in is $25 at the door. Find more details about who will be at the Riverwalk Get Downtown event.
4. Delray Beach Wine and Seafood Festival: New to the festival scene this year is the first-ever Delray Beach Wine and Seafood Festival. Though there's a cost to eat or drink at any of the participating vendors and seminars, there's no entry fee for the festival, so people can get a chance to scope it out and decide what they want to pay out for the day. The festival is 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday in downtown Delray Beach. Find more details -- including a full list of the six special pairing seminars -- by reading "The Delray Beach Wine and Seafood Festival is this Weekend: What's on the Menu?"
3. Flavors of Fort Lauderdale: This new four-day convergence of local foodies kicked off on Thursday and continues through Sunday with a variety of events that focus mostly on sustainable seafood and lots and lots of wine. The biggie will likely be the Flavors Grand Tasting from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Las Olas Marina. Tickets for that are $79. Get more details and ticket pricing at flavorsoffortlauderdale.com.
2. Boca Raton Wine and Food Festival: The three-day Boca Raton Wine and Food Festival kicks off tonight and will feature more than 100 local chefs, a sensory garden, and live music spread out over five events. Find a list of the events and the prices to attend by reading "Boca Raton Wine and Food Festival is this Weekend."
1. Grace Jamaican Jerk Festival: You don't have to be a jerk to enjoy a good jerk now and again. The spicy Grace Jamaican Jerk Festival returns on Sunday with an array of jerked dishes like lobster, shrimp, and even ice cream. The festival is 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday in Markham Park in Sunrise. Get more details about the jerk festival here.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Florida Beer: Mal De Ojo From M.I.A. Brewing Company
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Jerk Fest, Sake Class, and More
- Memorial Day Weekend: Where to Eat, Drink, and Remember in South Florida