Steak 954 to Host Second Annual "Bourbon on the Brain" Charity Event May 23
Bourbon enthusiasts are set to participate in the second annual "Bourbon on the Brain" world class tasting event at Steak 954 on Friday, May 23 at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $1,000 per person and 100% of the funds raised will support University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Neurology Department in their mission to help researchers find a cure for memory disorders. Last year's event raised over $100,000 for the fund.
Master distillers from Four Roses and Angels Envy, Jim Rutledge and Wes Henderson, respectively, will speak to the group as they indulge in a customized, six-course, pork-centric menu created by Steak 954's very own chef Jason Smith and pastry chef Sarah Magoon.
This year, the bourbon offerings have expanded. There will be three rolling bars, as well as a limited edition Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon to celebrate its 125th anniversary.
Rutledge says Four Roses Small Batch "could be the best bourbon we've ever put in a bottle."
The complete bourbon tasting list is as follows:
Bar 1: Jefferson's Bar
- Jefferson's Ocean (aged for five months at sea)
- Jefferson's Presidential Select 21-year
- Jefferson's Presidential Select 25-year
- Jefferson's Presidential Select 30-year (production limited to about 300 bottles)
Bar 2: Antique Collection Bar
- Stagg Sr. 2013 (aged 15 years)
- Eagle Rare 17-year
- Sazarac 18-year
- William Laurie Weller 2013
- Thomas Handy Rye 2013
Bar 3: Pappy Van Winkle Bar
- Pappy Van Winkle 23-year
- Pappy Van Winkle 20-year (rated Bourbon Whiskey in the world-Rated 99 out of 100 by the World Spirits Championship)
- Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Van Winkle 13-year Rye (one of the oldest rye whiskeys available today)
- Van Winkle 12-year "Lot B"
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10-year
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Florida Beer: Mal De Ojo From M.I.A. Brewing Company
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Jerk Fest, Sake Class, and More
- Memorial Day Weekend: Where to Eat, Drink, and Remember in South Florida