Surfer Blood Gives Local Restaurant Shoutouts
Yes, you're right to feel sickened at the sight of these words: Surfer Blood. No, seriously. Never in South Florida music history has so much press been heaped upon something so slight and marginal -- not to mention hopelessly overexposed.
- The lads loved the late latte shop Soma Center. Why'd it close? Bet if they'd known Surfer Blood were gonna shout it to the world, they would've stayed open!
- The best Thai panang curry -- anywhere -- is also in West Palm, at The Spice. Look for their business to triple.
- Don Ramon's Cuban food is now internationally famous for its ropa vieja and breaded steak.
- A new vegan joint called The Darbster is lauded for serving "stuff that only two people in the world know how to make." They better find two more -- they're gonna go viral.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Tropical Storm Erika: Restaurants and Bars Staying Open, Having Hurricane Parties and...
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- Pop-Up Bar at FAT Village Art Walk Serves Craft Cocktails for a Good Cause
- Florida Beer: Category 4 IPA From Due South Brewing Company