Surfer Blood Gives Local Restaurant Shoutouts
Yes, you're right to feel sickened at the sight of these words: Surfer Blood. No, seriously. Never in South Florida music history has so much press been heaped upon something so slight and marginal -- not to mention hopelessly overexposed.
- The lads loved the late latte shop Soma Center. Why'd it close? Bet if they'd known Surfer Blood were gonna shout it to the world, they would've stayed open!
- The best Thai panang curry -- anywhere -- is also in West Palm, at The Spice. Look for their business to triple.
- Don Ramon's Cuban food is now internationally famous for its ropa vieja and breaded steak.
- A new vegan joint called The Darbster is lauded for serving "stuff that only two people in the world know how to make." They better find two more -- they're gonna go viral.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Trader Joe's Davie Opens Friday, Fort Lauderdale Location Is Next
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Where (Else) to Score Pumpkin Drinks in South Florida
- The Nine Best Restaurants in Hollywood