Ten Burgers for Under $7
"Where can I get a $5 lunch burger that's not fast food?" Today's question has me stumped. To accommodate a range of burger deals, I've bumped the ceiling to $7, $3 less than the restaurant average of $10 a burger.
Here are the findings.
10. $4 burger, fries, and a Pepsi at Hard Rock Cafe
A reminder: In honor of its 40th birthday, Hard Rock Cafe is offering a 10-oz burger, fries and a Pepsi for $4 until December 21, should you fill out this info. Embrace the holiday spirit by tipping on the actual rather than the deal price.
9. $5 burger at Tarpon Bend on Mondays
Buy a beer, wine, or cocktail to take advantage of $5 burger night.
8. $6 burger and fries at Bill's Filling Station
From 2 until 6 p.m.daily, the same meal is $8 later in the evening.
7. $5 burger at Rok:Brgr
From midnight to 3 a.m. daily, burgers are half-price and cheeseburgers are $6.
6. $7 for three cheeseburger sliders at Morton's
From 5 to 6:30 p.m. and after 9 p.m. in the bar, three sliders are featured on the $6 and $7 happy hour menu.
5. $5.75 burgers at Pour House
Pay $5.75 for a burger and a dollar more for a cheeseburger.
4. Less than $5 burgers at Quickies
Old-timey burgers cooked over a wood-fire are a BurgerBeast recommendation, so take note.
3. Less than $5 at Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburgers
Ranked "Best Culinary Legacy" for New Times' 2011 awards, these burgers are awfully close to fast food, but we love them anyway.
2. Less than $5 burger at Hot Dog Heaven
Most patrons are partial to the Chicago dawgs and the Italian sausages, but the burgers are pretty good, too. Just be sure to go on a nice day to sit outside, unless you'd like to return to the office perfumed by grease.
1. $5.25 burger at Charm City Burgers
This is a favorite of the list, but it's not every day Lauderdalians can justify the 20-plus mile ride for a delicious burger. If you're closer to Deerfield, consider yourself lucky.
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- South Florida Native Ben Etheridge Making Small Batch Black Coral Rum in Riviera Beach
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- Florida Beer: B. Rabbit Espresso Stout From Copperpoint Brewing Company
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Funky Buddha, Wine and Food Fest,...