Ten Burgers for Under $7
"Where can I get a $5 lunch burger that's not fast food?" Today's question has me stumped. To accommodate a range of burger deals, I've bumped the ceiling to $7, $3 less than the restaurant average of $10 a burger.
Here are the findings.
10. $4 burger, fries, and a Pepsi at Hard Rock Cafe
A reminder: In honor of its 40th birthday, Hard Rock Cafe is offering a 10-oz burger, fries and a Pepsi for $4 until December 21, should you fill out this info. Embrace the holiday spirit by tipping on the actual rather than the deal price.
9. $5 burger at Tarpon Bend on Mondays
Buy a beer, wine, or cocktail to take advantage of $5 burger night.
8. $6 burger and fries at Bill's Filling Station
From 2 until 6 p.m.daily, the same meal is $8 later in the evening.
7. $5 burger at Rok:Brgr
From midnight to 3 a.m. daily, burgers are half-price and cheeseburgers are $6.
6. $7 for three cheeseburger sliders at Morton's
From 5 to 6:30 p.m. and after 9 p.m. in the bar, three sliders are featured on the $6 and $7 happy hour menu.
5. $5.75 burgers at Pour House
Pay $5.75 for a burger and a dollar more for a cheeseburger.
3. Less than $5 at Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburgers
Ranked "Best Culinary Legacy" for New Times' 2011 awards, these burgers are awfully close to fast food, but we love them anyway.
2. Less than $5 burger at Hot Dog Heaven
Most patrons are partial to the Chicago dawgs and the Italian sausages, but the burgers are pretty good, too. Just be sure to go on a nice day to sit outside, unless you'd like to return to the office perfumed by grease.
1. $5.25 burger at Charm City Burgers
This is a favorite of the list, but it's not every day Lauderdalians can justify the 20-plus mile ride for a delicious burger. If you're closer to Deerfield, consider yourself lucky.
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- No More Pizza: Pizzeria Oceano Becomes Jerk Oceano in Lantana
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- Florida Beer: Route 90 Rye Pale Ale From Engine 15 Brewing Company
- Fourth-Annual All-You-Can-Eat Boca Burger Battle Returns to Sanborn Square