Ten Places in/Near Fort Lauderdale to Watch the World Cup Finals
Want to find a nice cool Broward/Palm Beach spot to drink your guilt away -- after you call in sick so you can watch what's left of the World Cup? Yeah, us too. Here's a list of recommendations for spending your AWOL time while you catch these following matches: Germany and Spain, today at 2:30 p.m., and the finals on the 10th (match for third place between Germany and Uruguay) and the 11th (the big game, between Spain and the Netherlands).
10. Maguires Hill 16: Though ostensibly Irish, downtown Fort Lauderdale gets all continental from time to time, and that international spirit makes Maguires the perfect pub to get your pint and your game on. Well, that and the 17 TVs.
2. Mardi Gras Casino, Dawg House Bar and Grill: This might be where you want to camp out for the finals, as the Dawg House boasts a 16-foot HD screen. Put it this way: That's bigger than some people's boats. Domestic beers and wings will flow freely, and you'll have damned little to complain about.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito