Ten Places in/Near Fort Lauderdale to Watch the World Cup Finals
Want to find a nice cool Broward/Palm Beach spot to drink your guilt away -- after you call in sick so you can watch what's left of the World Cup? Yeah, us too. Here's a list of recommendations for spending your AWOL time while you catch these following matches: Germany and Spain, today at 2:30 p.m., and the finals on the 10th (match for third place between Germany and Uruguay) and the 11th (the big game, between Spain and the Netherlands).
10. Maguires Hill 16: Though ostensibly Irish, downtown Fort Lauderdale gets all continental from time to time, and that international spirit makes Maguires the perfect pub to get your pint and your game on. Well, that and the 17 TVs.
2. Mardi Gras Casino, Dawg House Bar and Grill: This might be where you want to camp out for the finals, as the Dawg House boasts a 16-foot HD screen. Put it this way: That's bigger than some people's boats. Domestic beers and wings will flow freely, and you'll have damned little to complain about.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Last Chance to Save on New Times' Beerfest: The Full List of Brewerys
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 7:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Beerfest, Trader Joe's, and...
- Florida Beer: Hard Cider From Cigar City Cider and Mead