UPDATE: This event roundup is from 2014. Check out: Fourth of July 2016's Fireworks, Parades, Picnics, and Parties in Broward and Palm Beach
The Fourth of July is the day of the year for Americans to go above and beyond in showing their beaming pride.
Whether you're looking forward to Independence Day as an excuse to paint your face and feel like a kid again, run around hauling the American flag and patriotic gear, or simply as a day to appreciate our country with loved ones, there is a place — from parades and barbecues to concerts and car shows — for everyone.
Here are ten festivities taking place in Broward County that will have spectacular fireworks, food, and plenty of fun.
- Fort Lauderdale: The Fourth of July Spectacular on Fort Lauderdale Beach off AIA and Las Olas Boulevard will begin at noon with music, games, and contests. The fireworks show over the Atlantic Ocean simulcast with music on 101.5 LITE FM will take off at 9 p.m. For a complete schedule, visit fortlauderdale.gov.
- Sunrise: There is a full day planned in Sunrise for July 4th. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., there will be a "Marching Through History" Parade and Family Fun Day. The event will take place at City Park and feature floats going west along Sunset Strip to City Park. At City Park, there will be free food, rides, and entertainment. Then, from 5 to 10 p.m., the BB&T Center will host an outdoor concert with fireworks at 9 p.m. The Jacob Jeffries Band will open up the night, and the Grammy Award-nominated Spin Doctors will headline.
- Hollywood: The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino's Fourth of July celebration begins at 6 p.m. with fireworks at 9 p.m. Entertainment and various activities will be set up, from rock climbing to face painting and music. And for the FIFA fans, you can even watch the game at the Hard Rock's watch party at 4 p.m.
- Deerfield Beach: Muddy Waters Restaurant and Raw Bar will host its annual July 4 barbecue. The tropical restaurant's celebration will be complete with drink specials, roast platters, and kids' activities. You can also enjoy grilled specials or raw oysters and clams that will be available as you enjoy the laid-back ambiance.
- Davie: Flamingo Gardens will kick off Independence Day with its Old Fashioned Fourth event from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It will feature a free antique-car show, games throughout the gardens and wildlife sanctuary, watermelon- and pie-eating contests, '50 music, and a barbecue. You're even encouraged to dig up your best '50s costume for a chance to win prizes.
- Hollywood: The Star Spangled Fourth of July Celebration will take place on Hollywood Beach and Broadwalk beginning at 2 p.m. Children's activities will be set up at Charnow Park from 2 to 6 p.m. The fireworks show is at 9. From 4 to 8, free shuttles will be available for transportation from downtown to the beach, where the fireworks display will be.
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: This beach town's festivities will begin with an Independence Day parade starting at 10 a.m. that will depart from Town Hall and finish at El Prado Park. Music, food, and games will be set up throughout town during the afternoon, and the night will conclude with the fireworks show at 9.
- Deerfield Beach: You can expect a variety of activities at the Fourth of July celebration in Deerfield Beach, including live entertainment, arts and crafts, and food vendors. All activities will be by the main beach parking lot. Performances include the Grayson Rodgers Band and the BlueFire Band. The event begins at 1 p.m. and will conclude with a fireworks display at 9.
- Pembroke Pines: The Independence Day Celebration takes place at the Pines Recreation Center Festival Grounds beginning at 6 p.m. and finishes with a fireworks show at 9. The event will feature a food truck-round-up, family activities, rides, and arts and crafts. There will also be a free concert by Pocket Change. Visit ppines.com.
- Pompano Beach: The annual July 4th Beach Bash Extravaganza will begin at noon and will be topped off with fireworks at the Pompano Beach Pier at 9 p.m. Pompano Beach Boulevard will host live music and dance, arts and crafts, an antique-car show, and food trucks. Visit pompanobeachfl.gov.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!