Ten Places to Watch Fireworks and Celebrate the Fourth of July in Palm Beach County
UPDATE: This event roundup is from 2014. Check out: Fourth of July 2016's Fireworks, Parades, Picnics, and Parties in Broward and Palm Beach
From fireworks to cookouts and pure patriotism, the Fourth of July is one of those holidays that offers something for everyone to enjoy. This year, Palm Beach County is hosting a variety of festivities for the holiday — both old traditions and new celebrations. Whether you are looking for a pool party, a barbecue, or a concert to attend, Palm Beach County has it all.
Here are ten celebrations taking place this Independence Day.
- West Palm Beach: The 4th on Flagler celebration will be from 5 to 10 p.m. at the West Palm Beach waterfront. Enjoy performances from the Lost Trailers and Ryan Star, look out onto the view from the lawn, and try out the mini-golf course. There will be food and drink vendors, but if you want a more luxurious experience, you can purchase a VIP ticket to Club 4th, the 21-and-over pavilion party that will be air-conditioned and features food and a full bar. A 16-minute fireworks show will illuminate the Intracoastal Waterway and be synced to music. Visit wpb.org.
- Delray Beach: The July 4th Celebration on Atlantic Avenue starts at 4 p.m. with family activities including minigolf, a splash zone with water slides, a photo booth, and a sandcastle contest on the beach. Burger Fi, Caffe Luna Rosa and Boston's on the Beach will provide refreshments. The fireworks show launching from the north end of the beach begins at 9 p.m. and will be simulcast by Wild 95.5.Visit julyfourthdelraybeach.com.
- Boynton Beach: Due South Brewing Co. will kick off the Fourth of July festivities with beer, beer, and more beer. From 3 to 6 p.m., beer specials will be available, including growlers/crowlers to take with you. Special beer tapping begins at 6 p.m. Raffles will be held for special beer giveaways and from 3:30 to 10. Woody's Burgers food truck will be at the brewery to accompany your beer with a good piece of meat.
- West Palm Beach: Pistache French Bistro will be offering its regular menu along with a themed Fourth of July barbecue. Sit back, relax, enjoy your meal, and watch the fireworks — which begin at 9 p.m. — from the patio or on the street.
- Delray Beach: From 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Dada Restaurant and Lounge will be open to celebrate Independence Day. In addition to its regular menu, it will offer a Fourth of July cookout with a variety of dishes, including homemade coleslaw, ribs, and chicken. The barbecue costs $20 per person, and 100 percent of those proceeds go to Healthy Bellies, a charity organization that helps feed families in the area. Delray fireworks begin at 9 p.m.
- Boca Raton: The Fabulous Fourth Celebration kicks off at 6:30 p.m. at the Spanish River Athletic Facilities of de Hoernle Park. There will be live music and family activities, including crafts, games, and a full-sized Ferris wheel. The fireworks display, accompanied by traditional patriotic music, beings at 9 p.m.
- Boynton Beach: Intracoastal Park will be hosting a Fourth of July celebration beginning at 6 p.m. There will be live entertainment, food, and kids' activities. The 20-minute fireworks display, which will be accompanied by music, begins at 9 p.m.; don't forget your blankets and chairs.
- Wellington: Wellington Aquatics Complex will have a patriotic pool party from noon to 5 p.m. Admission is free for children 2 and under, $3 for ages 3 to 17, $5 for adults age 18 to 54 and $2 for seniors age 55 and older. From 6 to 9:30 p.m., will be the annual Family Fourth Celebration at Village Park, which will have free bingo, games, rides, a petting zoo, and food vendors. Live music will include performances by the Brass Evolution Band and the Turnstiles "Ultimate Billy Joel Tribute" Band. The fireworks extravaganza will begin at 9:15 p.m.
- Lake Worth: From 3 to 5 p.m., the Intracoastal Waterway at Bryant Park will be having a Water Sports Extravaganza featuring professional water skiers, water rockets, and Jet Skis. From 3 to 9 p.m., there will also be live music at Bryant Park Stage and Cultural Plaza Stage. At 9, there will be fireworks at Bryant Park, followed by a laser light show in downtown Lake Worth at 10.
- Royal Palm Beach: The Star Spangled Spectacular at the Royal Palm Beach Commons begins at 1 p.m. with kids' activities and live entertainment. At 5:30 p.m., "The Boss Project" Bruce Springsteen Tribute Band will perform, followed by "Keep the Faith" Bon Jovi Tribute Band at 7:30 on the Royal Palm Auto Mall Stage. The "Food Truck Invasion" will include more than 20 gourmet food trucks. Other activities include arts and crafts vendors, a DJ, the annual Mayor's Cup Kayak Race, a volleyball tournament, and field games.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in the South Florida dining scene.