Thanksgiving 2011 in a Restaurant: Palm Beach/Delray Beach/Boca Raton Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving 2011: Don't let this atrocity happen to you.
Tim Patterson via Flickr Creative Commons
Is your family still reeling from memories of Thanksgiving-dinner failures past? Flying solo for Thanksgiving 2011? Or maybe you just hate the idea of having to clean up a table of turkey shrapnel and spilled wine?
If spending Thursday, November 24, in the kitchen isn't in your cards, there are certainly alternatives, including the option for Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant in Palm Beach County/Boca Raton/Palm Beach/Delray.
Before you settle for some God-awful Thanksgiving meal that includes the Hungry-Man version of roasted "turkey" or anything with Mc in the name, consider one of these options for Thanksgiving dinner in Palm Beach County. Remember that reservations are required, so you'll need to get hopping. Like, now:
- Prime, 110 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach. Call 561-865-5845. Reservations accepted for noon to close Thursday, November 24. The turkey dinner is $22.95 per person.
You may order from the regular Prime menu or opt for a traditional turkey dinner, complete with soup, stuffing, and cranberries. There also will be a special available that features osso buco and wild mushroom risotto.
- SpoonFed, 217 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach. Call 561-450-7557. Reservations from noon to 9 p.m., Thursday, November 24. Dinner is $28 for adults and $15 for children 12 years and younger.
Sit down to a traditional T-Day feast courtesy of chef Glen Manfra, whose team will put together an assortment of gut-busting goodies like herb stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed taters, asparagus gratin, Brussels sprouts, sweet peas, creamed spinach, and cranberry dressing. Dessert includes pumpkin meringue pie and caramel ice cream.
- Palm Beach Steakhouse, 191 Bradley Place, Palm Beach. Call 561-671-4333. Reservations (required) from 11 a.m. to close, Thursday, November 24. Dinner is $45 per person, $22 for children 12 years and younger.
This Palm Beach steakery will offer a four-course dinner with a tropical bisque to start, followed by a choice of salad. For the main course, you can choose traditional roasted turkey with stuffing, taters, cranberry sauce, and giblet gravy, or you can go for a pork chop, crab cakes, or the New York strip steak. For an extra $5, you can choose filet mignon or bronzini as your main. You've got four options for dessert, not the least of which is a pumpkin crème brûlée.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House, 225 NE Mizner Blvd., Boca Raton. Call 561-392-6746. Dinner is $34.95.
This traditional feast -- which includes a first course of soup or salad -- is headlined by a roasted bird, served with gravy, sausage-and-herb stuffing, and cranberry relish. You can choose from a side of mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans, or creamed spinach. Dessert is pumpkin cheesecake and vanilla ice cream.
- Michelle Bernstein's and MB Terrace at the Omphoy Ocean Resort, 2842 S. Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach. Call 561-540-6444. Reservations for MB Terrace from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Michelle Bernstein's from 5:30 p.m. to close. Dinner is $65 for adults and $22 for kids.
South Florida culinary star Michelle Bernstein will celebrate her second Thanksgiving at this boutique hotel by serving hearty meals at both of her restaurants. For an early meal, hit MB Terrace for a three-course dinner with traditional Thanksgiving fixings, or go later in the day for a feast in Michelle Bernstein's. Dinner at the Terrace includes a glass of wine or a mimosa. The entrée and dessert will be served family style at both restaurants.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Tropical Storm Erika: Restaurants and Bars Staying Open, Having Hurricane Parties and...
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- Pop-Up Bar at FAT Village Art Walk Serves Craft Cocktails for a Good Cause
- Florida Beer: Category 4 IPA From Due South Brewing Company