The Generous Pour Event Returns to the Capital Grille
You can choose to sample all nine of the carefully selected wines or have multiple tastings of
The Generous Pour Event Wine List:
- Marquis de la Tour, Cremant de Loire Brut, France
- La Cana Albarino, Rias Baixas, Spain, 2010
- Chateau St. Jean, Belle Terre, Sonoma, California, 2008
- Freemark Abbey, Cabernet Bosche, Rutherford, California, 2003
- Chalk Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma, California, 2006
- Byron Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara, California, 2009
- Conte Brandolini Vistorta Merlot, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, 2006
- Tarima Hill Monastrell, Alicante, Spain, 2009
- RL Buller, the Portly Gentleman, Australia
- You can never go wrong with a sparkling wine. The bubbles and crisp acidity perfectly complement any meal.
- Chateau St. Jean, Belle Terre gives new light to typical California Chardonnays. Not overpoweringly oaky or boring, it adds a nice contrast to any spicy dish.
- Do not pair the Byron Pinot Noir or the Conte Brandollni Vistorta Merlot with beef as the protein overpowers these delicate and soft red wines. The wines pair best with a fish, chicken, or even pasta dish. It's the perfect red wine for the South Florida heat.
- The dessert wine, while in the port style, is more reminiscent of a sherry. Although the wine's characteristics are strong, they do not stand up to the richness of a chocolate dessert or any dense dessert, for that matter.
- Hottest wine region right now: Alicante, Spain
- Hottest grape varietal that you don't know about: Monastrell. Before it's release to the public in September, the Tarima Hill Monastrell can be sampled exclusively at the Capital Grille. Want to know more about Monastrell? Here are George Miliotes tasting notes of the red, medium-bodied wine: "Enticing purple color with ripe blueberry flavors and a velvety mouthfeel. It has no rough edges and a great vanilla finish."
- Top picks from the wine list: Freemark Abbey Cabernet Bosche, Conte Brandolini Vistorta Merlot, Tarima Hill Monastrell, and Chateau St. Jean Belle Terre.
- Have a wino question? If you're on Twitter, you can directly tweet your questions and comments to George Miliotes @TheWineExpert or through #TCGPour11.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami New Times' Iron Fork is Tonight: The Five Best Reasons to Make the Drive...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Delray's Chef vs. Chef Competitors Take On Uni: Sea Sperm Never Tasted So Good!
- Ten Best Ramen Spots in Broward and Palm Beach Counties