The Haitian Empty Bowl Fundraiser Is Saturday, March 24, in Lake Worth
Fill your bowl for a good cause at participating restaurants and shops in downtown Lake Worth this Saturday.
The Third Annual Haitian Empty Bowl Fundraiser is planned for Saturday throughout downtown Lake Worth. The venture is a progressive meal of sorts, with roughly 20 local restaurants and specialty food shops donating samples to the cause, which will raise money for kids in Haiti.
Joyce Brown, an organizer for the event, calls is a "really special, fun day in town" and says that although initially organizers expected participating restaurants to dole out small samples, they have been pleasantly surprised at the generous portions provided to attendees, who carry handmade bowls around the city to participating venues.
Restaurants and shops participating this year include:
- The Cyber Cafe at Yugo's Print Shop (serving Haitian food)
- Downtown Pizza
- Dave's Last Resort and Raw Bar
- Havana Hideout
- The Taco Lady
- Java Juice Bar
- Nature's Way Cafe
- Paws on the Avenue (dog treats)
- The Cottage
- South Shores Tavern and Patio Bar
- Brogues on the Avenue Irish Pub
- La Bonne Bouche
- Mother Earth Coffee and Gifts
More restaurants may be added to this lineup as the date approaches.
If you purchase in advance, the cost is $25 per bowl -- each is handmade by a local artist -- or four bowls for $80. You can choose your own bowl, which you'll get to keep, so arrive early if you want dibs on a certain style. The bowls will cost $35 on the day of the event. Tickets are available at Clay Glass Metal Stone Gallery, 605 Lake Ave., Lake Worth. Call 215-205-9441. The event starts at 10 a.m. and continues until 4 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Publix Offering Signature NFL Subs in Four Cities, Including South Florida
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Boatyard — Formerly Bimini Boatyard — Hosting Job Fair September 10 to 12
- Funky Buddha Brewery's Sweet Potato Casserole Is Out Today, Morning Wood Coming Next Week