Things to Do for Food Day That Don't Suck
Though I thought it was Food Day every day, today is different in that it's been christened as a time to recognize the declining quality of the American diet by addressing issues involving food and hunger, sustainability, farm worker conditions, and healthy eating. National Food Day was earmarked 36 years ago, though cities around the country are just beginning to rally around the cause.
10. Check out this surprisingly gritty TED video of farm workers describing their workday realities.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito