Top Chef Cooks for Haiti
The 24-hour news cycle has long since moved on from the January earthquake that devastated Haiti and the agony of its aftermath, but for Haitian native and former Top Chef contestant Ron Duprat, forgetting is not that easy.
So he's teamed up with four South Florida Whole Foods Markets to raise money for Miami-based Food for the Poor, a nonprofit international relief organization helping to rebuild that shattered country.
Tuesday, May 4, through Friday, May 7, Duprat will host a cooking demonstration at Whole Foods Markets in Coral Gables, Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens, and Wellington, where he'll prepare the Chilean sea bass recipe he made in season six's "Quickfire Challenge."
Afterward, you can taste the result, with wine pairing, and get cooking tips, inside gossip on Top Chef, and a sense of what it's like to grow up in one of the most impoverished countries in the hemisphere. The event runs from 6 to 8 p.m. and costs $25 per person, all of which goes to Food for the Poor.
Here's the schedule, with addresses and contact names and numbers to make reservations:
• Tuesday, May 4: Coral Gables, 6701 Red Road, Natalie White (305-421-9421).
• Wednesday, May 5: Boca Raton,1400 Glades Road, Kristin Bagonis (561-447-0000).
• Thursday, May 6: Palm Beach Gardens, 11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Drive, Brenna Bertram (561-691-8550).
• Friday, May 7: Wellington, 2635 State Road 7, Laura Belinsky (561-904-4000).
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Sneak Peek: Restaurants You'll Encounter at New Times' Pairings 2015
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Night + Day: Eight Things to Do This Week in Broward and Palm Beach
- Steve Martorano on Cafe Martorano Changes: "The Floor Alone Will Be Spectacular"