Top Ten Drunchies
You get home from a long night out and what is the first thing you want to do? Crawl into your bed and hope tomorrow does not bring sickness from the night's mistakes?
Yes -- but first, Must. Have. Grease.
We all know the feeling. You just can't quite roll into bed until you stuff your face with a pile of Doritos or down a couple of microwaved frozen White Castle Burgers. This feeling is a disease plaguing college students all over the country, commonly known as "The Drunchies."
The votes are in, and the top ten things to eat while drunk have been chosen by the people.
Here is a list compiled by college students all over South Florida (or at least those who answered to my Facebook status asking for suggestions on the drunchies);
10. Chocolate chip cookies -- a sweet and satisfying choice.
9. Cheez-It Crackers -- salty and filling.
8. Peanut butter and jelly -- always a classic choice.
7. Wendy's fries -- these new fries are really stepping it up.
6. McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers -- cheap yet enjoyable.
5. Checker's Cheese Fries -- filling and delicious.
4. Taco Bell's Crunch Wrap Supreme -- let's be honest: Where would today's youth be without Taco Bell?
3. Lunch meat -- strange yet yummy.
2. Cheese pizza -- who doesn't like pizza?
And now for the number-one selection, this item had a hard time
making it to the top of the list, because of the difficulty in executing
such a meal while intoxicated, but coming down to the wire, the number-one drunchie is...
Mac 'n' cheese.
Thanks, everyone, for their votes, and until next time, remember to always drink responsibly!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in the South Florida dining scene.