Tri-County Bartender Throwdown at Buddha Sky Bar Tonight
Next time you're in a really good bar, take a few moments to watch your bartender in action.
See how she pours your favorite spirits into the Boston shaker. Watch as he snips fresh herbs for garnish into your libation.
The difference between a good mixologist and the person who pours beer into plastic cups can be likened to a comparison between Picasso and the guy who paints Elvis on black velvet.
If you want to see the best talent in the tricounty area in action, head out to Buddha Sky Bar this evening for the Tri-County Bartender Throwdown.
From 7 to 10 p.m., a dozen of South Florida's best bartenders will each have ten minutes to create and prepare a unique specialty cocktail using Tanteo premium tequila.
The winner will receive a cool $1,500 (and a lot of glory), with the runners-up receiving $600 and $300, respectively.
you haven't been to a mixology competition, they're fast and fun with a
lot of trash talk, showmanship, and at least a few tastes and samples
along the way. Bartenders competing tonight include:
- Audrey (Cafe Bella Sera)
- Shia Goldberg (Vega Lounge)
- Charles (Lantana Jacks Bar and Grill)
- Crystal Turner (Cut 432)
- Johnny (Cut 432)
- Jeff (Buddha Sky Bar)
- Corneillio (Buddha Sky Bar)
- Gillian (Surf Comber)
- Jeremiah (City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill)
- Leslie Kelly (Surf Comber)
- Shannon Stiles (Royal Pig Pub & Kitchen)
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival Expands Into Broward With Three New Events
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- New West Palm Beach Food Tours Launches in Palm Beach County
- South Florida's Prescribed Spirits Gin Debuts at Craft Spirits Festival October 8