TwoWoks: A Modern Chinese Pop-Up Coming to Fort Lauderdale
Vince Tien and Alex Kuk are the two woks behind the TwoWoks pop-up dining experience being set for Monday, April 29 from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. at Christina Wan's Mandarin House in Fort Lauderdale (664 N. Federal Hyw, Fort Lauderdale).
The talented duo were both at the forefront of the trendy Coral Gables dining scene when they decided they wanted to pursue their dreams of owning their own restaurant. Tien was executive chef at The Local Craft Food & Drink and Kuk was general manager of the popular Sushi Maki.
They decided to collaborate on a concept of "modern Chinese cuisine", melding authentic and traditional Chinese flavors with some modern and innovative touches like "dan dan" foam and bacon cream.
The pop-up menu includes:
- crispy brussels sprouts with radish, cilantro, nước chấm ($8)
- shrimp ravioli "wonton soup." with lemongrass consommé, bacon cream ($9)
- pig ear with tofu gan, chayote, wood ear, sweet onion ponzu ($9)
- chinese eggplant with barley tenmenjan, green bean ($9)
- spicy pork dumpling with kimchi peanut, roasted sesame powder, "dan dan" foam ($10)
- baby bok choy with tofu, pickled onion, candied walnut, orange miso ($10)
- shacha beef fried rice with watercress, bean sprout, lettuce, lake meadow farm's fried egg($10)
- mapo tofu with wasabi peas, szechuan peppercorn streusel, chinese "bolognese" ($10)
- poached chicken breast with house-made pickles, ginger & scallion "chimichurri" ($13)
- dai gor's lion head with mushroom, togarashi wor bar ($14)
- udon carbonara with lap chong, soft braised lake meadow farm egg, chicharron ($16)
- umeboshi sweet & sour chicken thigh with blistered shishito, confit cipollini onion, pineapple ($16)
- steamed scallops with shaoxing, crispy prosciutto, black bean jan ($18)
- beef & broccoli with grass-fed flatiron steak, charred, kimchi & purée broccoli ($25)
- mantou bread pudding with vietnamese coffee cream, vanilla ice cream ($10)
Tien and Kuk are introducing these dishes to the public at their TwoWoks pop-up, a one-night affair that will showcase over a dozen dishes. You can reserve a place at the table by calling 954-527-0228.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Sneak Peek: Restaurants You'll Encounter at New Times' Pairings 2015
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Night + Day: Eight Things to Do This Week in Broward and Palm Beach
- Steve Martorano on Cafe Martorano Changes: "The Floor Alone Will Be Spectacular"