Upcoming Boozing/Dining Events
The looks like as good a weekend as any to enjoy a little bit of booze. Check out these alcohol, er... enhanced events.
• The fall season is fast approaching, which means Halloween, Thanksgiving, and, more importantly, pumpkins. And the folks over at Shipyard are keen on that -- they're tossing out cases of their Shipyard Pumpkin like it was Devil's Night. On Saturday, August 29, you can head over to BX Beer Depot for a free tasting with Amy starting at 4:30 p.m.
While you're there, you can sign up for the upcoming South Florida Pub Crawl taking place on October 17 from 1 to 9 p.m. The crawl will start at the Palm Beach Airport Hilton, where drinkers will travel safely by bus from joint to joint. Tickets cost $25, and the event is sponsored by the Lagerhead Brewers and the Palm Beach Draughtsmen.
• What is it with Northern Palm Beach/Martin/St. Lucie counties getting all the cool beer fests? (No offense to New Times' own Beerfest.) The Jupiter Craft Brewers Fest become one of the best around this past year, and now it sounds like the Treasure Coast Beer Fest
is getting even better too. The festival returns for its second
incarnation on September 26 from 1 to 5 p.m. and will be offering over
200 beers for sampling. Plenty of food vendors will also be on site,
and proceeds will benefit the Beerworks Charitable Foundation, which
sponsors Kate's Hope & Learn to Read of St. Lucie County. $25 entry
gets you into the grounds, which will be located in -- huh, what -- the
Downtown Fort Pierce City Hall parking garage?! (100 N. US 1, Fort Pierce.) Weird. Still, could be
a nice to drink in a covered area on a hot day.
at Cooks, Inc. in Abacoa on Saturday, and it's hilariously silly. More
on the silly side of that equation, actually, but still. Seatings for the four-course meal are at 6 and 9 p.m.,
tickets are $58.
• Finally, the Art & Wine Promenade is hosting a grand opening at Northwood Village
for Repeat Boutique, "a non-profit store whose proceeds go directly to
the students of Inlet Grove High School, helping them pay costs to take
the SAT/ACT and other expenses associated with higher education." The
event is at 6p.m. tonight, and will include wine. Woop.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Tunie's, Locally-Owned, Affordable Natural Grocer, Plans South Florida Expansion
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- Night + Day: Eight Things to Do This Week in Broward and Palm Beach Counties
- Tuesdays are "Dog Days" at Sloan's Ice Cream