UPDATE: Kapow! Noodle Bar Hosting Partida Tequila Dinner, Kangaroo on Menu
UPDATE: Kapow! has announced the dinner will be rescheduled to Wednesday, December 11. Wine dinners have been a thing for ages.
Beer dinners: there's one taking place around here almost every week.
Spirits, on the other hand, are not quite as commonplace. Whether it's scotch, whiskey, tequila, or whatever else, these occasions present the perfect opportunity to drink spirits straight up
without being labeled a drunk with the aim of understanding and appreciating the different flavor profiles.
Wednesday Kapow! Noodle Bar is hosting two back-to-back spirit and cocktail dinners with Partida tequila.
See Also: Ten Best Chefs in Palm Beach County
Starting at 6 p.m. and continuing again at 8 p.m., Kapow! and the folks at Partida Tequila and Southern Wine & Spirits are offering guests five-courses of tequila along with a four-course dinner.
"Our beverage program director, Angela Dugan, will be mixing up the cocktails and chef Caleb Holman and Co. has created a special menu of Mexican-inspired modern fare with a hint of Asian," said Kapow! partner Vaughan Dugan. "The menu and pairings include some unique dishes including roasted nopales, shrimp and Asian pear salad and grilled kangaroo."
Here's the full menu:
- Welcome cocktail: Kapow!'s Spicy Lover made with Partida Tequila Reposado, cilantro, cucumber, hot sauce, agave, and lime.
- First Course: Fried queso para freir and roasted olives paired with a jalapeño margarita, Partida Blanco, jalapeño, housemade sour, agave, and lime.
- Second Course: Roasted nopales, shrimp and Asian pear salad with creamy avocado dressing with the Winter Orchard, Partida Blanco, elderflower, lemon juice, and Angry Orchard Apple Cider.
- Third Course: Grilled kangaroo with black bean chile sauce served over smokey bacon lentils, and fried arugula paired with a trio of Partida Tequilas: Blanco, Reposado, Añejo.
- Fourth Course: Togarishi brownie with cinnamon gelato paired with Sweet Farewell, coffee-infused Partida Reposado, cold pressed coffee, maple, and nutmeg.
"We have done plenty of pairings, mostly with wine, beer, and sake," said Dugan. "But with tequila becoming more and more popular with guests, we felt it was time to do a dinner pairing. The very distinct notes of each category of tequila, Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo, really lend themselves to food pairings."
The cost to attend is $45 per person (excluding tax and gratuity). Visit eventbrite.com/e/kapows-chef-pairing-series-partida-tequila-tickets for tickets.
Kapow! Noodle Bar is located at 431 Plaza Real in Boca Raton. Call 561-347-7322, or visit facebook.com/kapownoodlebar.
Follow Sara Ventiera on Twitter, @saraventiera.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Night + Day: Seven Things to Do in South Florida This Week
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Amazon Is Planning Drive-Through Grocery Concept; Could It Dethrone Publix in Florida?
- Midwestern Home Cooking at Knucklehead Burgers