'VEDGE'-Inspired Vegan Feast in Fort Lauderdale This Saturday
In cities like Philadelphia, there are world-famous, award-winning restaurants focused solely on vegetables. In South Florida, however, we're more about the pork than the pickled hearts of palm.
But in a tribute to our region's ever-expanding veg-curious community, French chef Alex Cheblal is whipping up a 10-course meal this Saturday in Fort Lauderdale based on the cuisine at Vedge (Philly's famous herbivorous eatery).
The menu, based on the restaurant's namesake cookbook, is as follows:
- Pho with roasted butternut squash
- Roasted rutabaga salad with pistachio and charred onion
- Posole with chayote and poblano peppers
- Soba bowl with shiitake dashi and market greens
- Hakurei turnips with falafel crumbs and creamy sesame
- Shaved brussels sprouts with whole grain mustard sauce
- Hearts of palm cakes on curried lentils
- Yukon gold potato pirogues with charred onion
- Korean eggplant tacos with kimchi mayo
- Caramel panna cotta with red raspberries and tarragon
The dinner runs $30 per person, and kicks off at 6:30 p.m. at the Playa del Sol Condo Social Room, 3500 Galt Ocean Drive. There'll be cocktails first, plus tunes from Marianna Fox who'll be singing straight from the "American Song Book"
You can RSVP via Meetup, but hurry, you need to get your confirmation in by 6 p.m. April 3rd to be guaranteed a spot.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks