Vegetarian Lunch at Whole Foods, New Menu at Zed451, Boca Resort Wine Party
• Lunch isn't always easy for a practicing vegetarian. Stop into Whole Foods Market Fort Lauderdale this Monday, August 9, for its Vegetarian Lunch Club. On the menu: Sweet corn soup with peaches, pasta with roasted tomatoes and "hidden" zucchini (insert joke here), and shortcakes with cherry compote. The class is from noon to 1 p.m. and costs $10. Also at Whole Foods -- on Friday, August 13, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., join Chris Marchesi for a "Funky Beer Label" tasting. Sample funky beers with funky labels for just $10.
• Boca Raton's Zed451
has taken the concept of "American Churrasco" and run with it. That's
great for folks looking to sample widely from an array of steaks,
pasta, salads, and more. But for those looking for a slightly lighter,
smaller package, Zed is introducing a new à la carte small-plates menu.
Choose from hearty dishes like fire-grilled rib eye with balsamic glazed
onions ($14), Asian pork belly in five-spice hoisin sauce ($10), citrus
dusted salmon ($12), and rosemary seasoned double-cut lamb chops ($19). And if you still want to go the churrasco route, it's priced at
$44 per person.
• Southern Wine & Spirits is partnering with
the Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce to present its annual Wine & All
That Jazz celebration on August 28 at 7 p.m. at the Boca Raton Resort
& Club's Mizner Center (501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton 33432).
Sample wine and food from Blue Martini, III Forks Prime Steakhouse,
Maggiano's Little Italy, Morton's the Steakhouse-Boca Raton, Ruth's
Chris Steak House, the Addison Boca Raton, the Capital Grille, the
Melting Pot Restaurant, Vivo Partenza, and ZED451. General admission tickets cost $50 per person; VIP tickets with premium winetasting and food from the Boca Resort itself (Morimoto, perhaps?) cost $100.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Florida Beer: Mal De Ojo From M.I.A. Brewing Company
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Jerk Fest, Sake Class, and More
- Memorial Day Weekend: Where to Eat, Drink, and Remember in South Florida