Wednesday, March 14, is Pi Day - Four Places to Get Your Pie in South Florida
Slice into mathematical deliciousness on Pi Day.
Paulaadamsmith via Flickr Creative Commons
1. Sublime, 1431 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale.
This is the spot for a "healthy" pie fix. Last year, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals named Sublime's vegan apple crumb pie a la mode as the "best vegan pie" in the United States. Find a recipe for the popular dessert here.
2. The Upper Crust, 2015 North Dixie Highway, Lake Worth. Call 561-586-5456.
There are tons of pies available from this pie mecca -- lemon meringue, Georgia peach, and Dutch chocolate cream, to name a few -- but the strawberry pie is in season right now. Call ahead to order your pie of choice in time for Wednesday.
3. Le Tub, 1100 N. Ocean Drive, Hollywood.
Skip out on work and head to Le Tub for an afternoon slice of Key lime pie and a margarita served in a plastic cup.
4. Cafe Boulud, inside the Brazilian Court Hotel & Beach Club, 301 Australian Ave., Palm Beach. Call 561-655-6060.
For a classy take on Pi Day, try the deconstructed Key lime pie at Cafe Boulud with a homemade graham cracker crust and a pink grapefruit sorbet.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks