- Miami restaurateur and chef Michelle Bernstein opened her brand new MB Terrace at the Omphoy resort last Wednesday. The casual dining spot is the sister restaurant to Michelle Bernstein's at the Omphoy, a Mediterranean-inspired, dinner-only resto that opened over the weekend. I will be giving my initial impressions very soon.
- The Beer vs. Wine Dinner at Cooks, Inc. in Abacoa seemed to be a big hit this weekend. Check out a slideshow with photos from the event here.
- Deerfield Beach bar and eatery The Whale's Rib is going to be featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives tonight, that Food Network travel show starring Guy Fieri. Tune in at 10 p.m. Sup's John Tanasychuck interviewed the Whale's owner, Johnny Keener, who gave my favorite quote of the day: "I tried not to mention crack too much on the show," says Keener. "I
don't want anyone to think that we're up to no good down here." (Ahh, quotes out of context. Beautiful things.)
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Last Chance to Save on New Times' Beerfest: The Full List of Brewerys
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 7:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Beerfest, Trader Joe's, and...
- Florida Beer: Hard Cider From Cigar City Cider and Mead