Whole Foods Market Looking for Broward's Best Parent and Kid Chefs
If your kid likes playing with knives and fire, this competition is for you.
If your kid would rather whip up some souffle in the kitchen than play
Guitar Hero, you're doing something right. Whole Foods Market thinks so
too, which is why it's searching for the best parent and kid chefs in
The Whole Foods Market Healthy Entrée Challenge is
open to families who think they've got what it takes to make the
healthiest, most delicious entrée in South Florida.
parent/kid team will be chosen from each Whole Foods store to compete in
the challenge on March 10 at the International Culinary School. The
teams will be paired with a student chef from the Art Institute of Fort
Each team will have 40 minutes to make its dish, which
will be judged by a panel of extremely accomplished judges, including:
- Paula DaSilva, executive chef at 1500 Degrees
- Malka Expinel, pastry consultant at the Forge Restaurant and pastry instructor at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
- Jack Kane, director of culinary at the International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
The winning team takes home a host of prizes, including a $100 Whole Foods Market gift cards, a set of Michelle Bernstein cookware, an official chef coat, embroidered matching aprons for parent and kid, and a trophy.
Participation in the challenge is free. Entrants must complete a registration form at a Whole Foods Market in Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, or Plantation by February 29. The competition is open to teams consisting of children 14 and under and a parent.
Each store winner will be notified in advance of the competition on March 10.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Where To Get 64-Ounce Growlers in Broward and Palm Beach Counties
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- June 2015 Restaurant Openings and Closings in Broward and Palm Beach Counties
- Miss Oktoberfest 2015: Could You Reign Supreme at the American German Club?