Win A Pair of Tickets to the 2011 Las Olas Wine & Food Festival and New Times Cupcake Battle
On Friday, April 29, from 7:30 to 10 p.m. the baking gloves come off when participating bakeries compete for the esteemed title of best cupcake at the first-ever New Times Cupcake Battle, part of the 2011 Las Olas Wine & Food Festival!
As promised, here on Clean Plate Charlie, we'll be giving away three pairs of tickets (value of $200 per pair) to the festival. Wander along the closed-off Las Olas Boulevard and taste food, wine and spirits from some of the area's finest restaurants -- there were 71 vendors at last count. And be sure to cast your vote for your favorite cupcake while you're there.
Who's ready for a friendly trivia game to win the first pair of tickets? Answer all three of the following questions correctly, and email your answers -- with your full name, phone number, and email address --- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each reader who responds correctly to the questions will be entered into a drawing, and the winner will be selected randomly. One entry per person, please.
To win this taste-bud trivia, it will require a dollop of research from our previous articles. Hint: It will help to check out the article announcing the cupcake battle and our first two interviews with owners of participating bakeries: Allegria Frozen Yogurt & Cupcakes and Yummy! A Bakery.
Are you ready? Here are your questions:
1. The Las Olas Food & Wine Festival has become a vital fund-raising event with all proceeds benefiting which charity?
2. Which cupcake is the customer favorite at Allegria Frozen Yogurt & Cupcakes?
3. In addition to a traditional cupcake menu, Yummy! A Bakery also offers what type of speciality menu?
We will announce the first winner on Monday. But remember, there are two more pairs to be won, so keep reading Clean Plate Charlie!
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- South Florida Native Ben Etheridge Making Small Batch Black Coral Rum in Riviera Beach
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- Florida Beer: B. Rabbit Espresso Stout From Copperpoint Brewing Company
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Funky Buddha, Wine and Food Fest,...