WIN a Pair of Tickets to the Las Olas Wine & Food Festival (This Friday Night)
Las Olas Wine & Food Festival
UPDATE: We have picked and notified a winner!!! See after the jump.
Yes, we know this is super-last-minute, as the Las Olas Food & Wine Festival is THIS FRIDAY from 7:30 to 10 pm, but good things come in late packages... right?
Long story short: This year's festival, presented by Premier Beverage and benefiting the American Lung Association, will feature more than 70 restaurants and 40 wine / beer tables, plus that infamous New Times cupcake battle we've been writing about for the past few weeks.
Tickets cost $100 apiece but we've got two for the low, low price of absolutely free! All you need to do to enter is follow these directions:
1) Address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) In the subject line, type "LOWFF Contest"
3) Tell us which of this year's participating restaurants and cupcake bakeries (I don't think this is a complete list) you're excited to try, and why. The more creative your answer, the better!
4) INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL where you can be reached Friday. We will notify the winner around lunchtime!
If you'd rather rely on your wallet than on lady luck, purchase tickets here.
We got lots of great entries --- but congratulations go to Kari Geck, whose 50th birthday is this weekend (she's an Earth Day baby), had her "first kiss w/ husband at Bon ton square, Backstreets (now America's Backyard) in 1990," is "sick of grilled cheese sandwiches & Brown bag lunches," wants to hit up Cafe de Paris, By Word of Mouth, Blue Moon Fish Co, and 3030 Ocean, and says "Life is short; eat dessert first." Amen to that!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Bar Brawls Round Two: More Panty-Dropping, '20s Style
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Trader Joe's Davie Opens Friday, Fort Lauderdale Location Is Next
- Where (Else) to Score Pumpkin Drinks in South Florida