Win a Pair of Tickets to the New Times and YOLO Slider Battle -- "Sips & Sliders at Sunset"
On Thursday, April 21, from 6 to 9 p.m., Las Olas restaurant YOLO (You Only Live Once) will host a slider competition -- "Sips & Sliders at Sunset."
The showdown will feature 17 of Fort Lauderdale's finest restaurants, such as Himmarshee, Johnny V Restaurant, Ocean 3030, Market 17, Casa d'Angelo, and Grateful Palate. Come out and decide for yourself who deserves the title of Fort Lauderdale's Best Slider,
all while enjoying a free winetasting, live music, two free drinks, and food tastings.
Clean Plate Charlie is giving away three pairs of tickets (valued at $50 per pair) to the event. Answer all three of the following trivia questions correctly, and email your answers -- with your full name, phone number, and email address -- to Jamie.Long@BrowardPalmBeach.com. Each reader who responds correctly to the questions will be entered into a drawing, and three winners will be selected randomly. One entry per person, please.
To win this contest, it will help to check out the article announcing the slider battle and two of our interviews with chefs of participating restaurants: chef Dean Max of Ocean 3030 and chef Angelo Elia of Casa D'Angelo Restaurant.
Ready? Here are your questions:
1. Proceeds from the slider battle -- "Sips & Sliders at Sunset" -- will benefit which charity?
2. True or False: Chef Max of 3030 Ocean -- an upscale seafood restaurant -- plans to feature a fish slider for the contest?
3. What is Casa D'Angelo's signature or customer favorite dish?
We will announce the lucky winners for three pairs of tickets on Tuesday, so stay tuned!
Tickets cost $25 in advance, $30 at the door, and include a free winetasting, two drink tickets, live music, and food tastings. To get more information or to buy tickets, call 954-523-1000 or click here.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks